You all know what beetroot is, but not everyone is a fan of its earthy taste. This is why you need to try our Red Beet Powder. This product was a huge hit at the 2018 VegExpo and was sold out hours before the show even ended. With such a vivid shade of red, it is hard not to give it a second glance!
What is Red Beet Powder?
As simple as it sounds, beet powder is the dried and grounded form of fresh beetroots. It is dark red in colour, and has a slightly sweet and earthy taste – just like the plant itself. For those who don’t enjoy the bitterness of beets but still wish to obtain its health benefits, you can incorporate beet powder into your diet instead!
Fun fact: One teaspoon of beet powder is equivalent to one whole beetroot!
Why is it good?
Beet powder is considered a Superfood as it is naturally rich in iron, potassium and nitrate. These nutrients are important in improving blood pressure, blood flow, exercise endurance and athletic performance. Beet powder is also loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants, which limit free radical damages in the body!
How is it used?
So here is the important part. How on earth do you eat this? Beet powder is made convenient to be added into almost anything. Here are some ideas:
- Blend in smoothies or post-workout protein shakes
- Use as a natural food dye in red velvet cupcakes, beet pancakes, sauces or gravies
- Mix in hummus
- Include in soup or stew such as Barszcz, the popular sour soup in Eastern European countries
- Sprinkle on top of salad or air-popped popcorn as a healthy seasoning
Where to buy it?
You can find our Red Beet Powder at the following Vancouver-based stores:
Other stores include:
- Surrey Natural Foods – Surrey, BC
- The Pantry Natural Foods – Mission, BC
- Amaranth Whole Foods Market – Calgary, AB
If you are from other areas, please feel free to e-mail your location to email@example.com and we will assist you in finding the closest locations that may carry this item.