Our passion is food. It has been for over 25 years. Westpoint Naturals started in 1994 and we have always been a family owned Canadian company. It’s a passion to find the best in whole, natural, and organic foods. We are looking for someone to join our team that is passionate about food. Westpoint Naturals is seeking to fill one of our accounting positions with an enthusiastic individual, with a strong work ethic and a commitment to teamwork.
Reporting to the Controller, the Junior Accountant will be responsible to assist the Accounting team with invoicing, price changes, accounts receivables and the preparation of financial reports.
We are looking for an Junior Accountant to work with our accounting team.
- Issue Debit and Credit Notes.
- Contact accounts to resolve overdue amounts or accounts that exceed credit limits.
- Review account terms & credit limits – make recommendations for changes to management.
- Enter invoices.
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors.
- Updated POs when suppliers provide new price lists.
- Check and reconcile credit card receipts..
- Calculate order weights and calculate freight charges if applicable.
- Prepare and print invoices, including applicable discounts and freight charges if applicable.
- Prepare shipping documents (waybills, consolidated shipment summaries) with couriers as needed.
- Record shipments in respective shipping spreadsheets.
- Enclose with invoices: Debit/Credit note(s), Flyers (New Products), Price Lists, etc.
- Arrange shipments with couriers.
- Help with Month End procedures with the accounting team.
- Create new product codes and sizes.
- Generate Salesperson’s commission report monthly.
- Create price change notifications.
- Update customers price lists.
- Fax and e-mail price change list to special customers as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Able to work quickly and multitask
- High level of detail orientation and organization skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and work under multiple congruent deadlines
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Food industry experience
- Spoken/Written English
Benefits are offered after six months.
Job Type: Full-time (Monday to Friday)
Job Location: Vancouver, BC. We are located in South Vancouver, just a 5 minute walk from the Marine Drive Skytrain Station.
If you have the required experience & skills to succeed and seek a challenging opportunity in a growing company with a unique culture please apply now.
Westpoint Naturals is an equal opportunity employer, supports workplace diversity, reduced carbon footprint, and fun.Apply Now