Cayenne pepper’s spiciness might be intimidating, but its health benefits will surely convince you to add it to your diet. This spice has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years to cure different ailments. From digestive disorders to respiratory tract infections, it became the cure for everything. Nowadays, it is generally used in the kitchen for added spice and flavour. This is why most people ignore the wide range of benefits it has for our health.
Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
The health benefits of cayenne pepper are never-ending, but these are a few of our favorite ones.
1. Helps stimulate the digestive system.
2. Boosts metabolism.
3. Provides detox support.
4. Can act as a mood booster.
Cayenne is one of the most health-benefiting spices and is packed with several minerals, vitamins, and nutrients. Not only does it boost the body’s metabolism, but it also promotes dopamine and endorphins production.
How to add Cayenne Pepper to your daily diet
Here are some simple and tasty ideas to help you get started:
- Add to olive oil or your favorite dressing
- Sprinkle on top with salt substitute and dip in your favorite sauce
- Add to sauces like BBQ or Ranch
- Sprinkle on top of ice cream – works best with chocolate
- Ginger-lemon-cayenne morning metabolism booster
- Veggie stir-fry
- Mexican hot chocolate
- Breakfast eggs/omelet
Note: If 100,000 heat units is too spicy for you, we also have a mild version (40,000 heat units) that offers similar health benefits!