Sunflower Summer Smoothie Bowl
There is no other flower that embraces summer better than the Sunflower. Their vibrant, yellow petals can brighten up anyone’s mood. Just like the sun’s rays, they are warming and comforting, which is why they are symbolic to this blossoming season.
Benefits of Sunflower Seeds
While sunflowers are beautiful to look at, they have much more to offer than meets the eye. Each of their large heads harbour around 1000-2000 seeds. These seeds are important protein and healthy polyunsaturated fat sources. They are also rich in vitamin E, vitamin B1, and minerals such as copper and selenium. They provide our bodies with a wide range of benefits like:
– Reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases
– Providing anti-inflammatory benefits
– Promoting skin health
The polyunsaturated fats in sunflower seeds help reduce bad cholesterol levels, which lowers the risk of heart diseases and strokes. Sunflower seeds are excellent sources of vitamin E, which prevent free radicals from causing cell damage. This not only helps reduce the risk of inflammatory diseases, but keeps skin looking youthful and beautiful as well.
Although sunflowers and their seeds are great as is, there are other nutritional products that derive from them. Like for example, sunflower lecithin. This well-known health supplement and emulsifier is obtained from dehydrated seeds. Lecithin is usually cold-pressed, so it does not involve the use of any chemical solvents. Which means that it is chemical-free, raw and safe to use.
Benefits of Sunflower Lecithin
The lecithin is a fatty acid based supplement beneficial for maintaining brain health. Proper brain function is essential to our everyday lives. Aside from improving brain activity, sunflower lecithin has various other benefits, such as:
– Improving liver health
– Promoting a healthier nervous system
– Lowering cholesterol levels
Westpoint Naturals lecithin contains essential fatty acids that the body uses to repair brain cells. This is why it improves focus and memory. These essential fatty acids also aid in maintaining liver health, since they prevent excessive build-up of fats. They are also beneficial in strengthening nerve tissues, keeping our nervous system health in check.
How to add them to your diet!
There are various ways you can add sunflower seeds and lecithin to your daily diet. Add seeds to your morning breakfast, or eat them as a quick to-go snack. Take lecithin as a supplement by adding it to your morning smoothie or use it in your home-baked goods.
You can enjoy our seeds and lecithin in many ways. Here is a summer recipe you will definitely love!
Sunflower Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- Sunflower lecithin (suggested serving = 1 tbsp)
- Sunflower seeds
- Goji Berries
- Chia Seeds
- Shredded Coconut
- Hemp Snack
- Nutty Muesli
- 1 cup of Frozen Berries
- 1/4 cup of dairy-free milk (Almond, Cashew, Soy)
- 1 banana
- Favorite seasonal fruits (kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, cherries)
- Nut butter
- Blend the frozen berries, dairy-free milk, half of the banana, and sunflower lecithin until smooth (soft-serve consistency).
- Grab your favourite bowl and place some Westpoint Nutty Muesli or your favourite granola at the bottom to start layering your smoothie bowl.
- Transfer the blended smoothie to your bowl on top of the Nutty Muesli or granola.
- Decorate it with your favourite superfoods (sunflower seeds, goji berries, chia seeds, hemp, and shredded coconut) and fresh seasonal fruits!